So much has happened in the last 7 months it's almost too much to write about. We stayed in Michigan a little longer than our intended 3 weeks... 5 months and 1 week actually. I had so much fun visiting with my friends and family. I miss my friends terribly and Mia misses the spoiling by Nana and Grampa. I am glad we got to stay as long as we did but trying to buy a house was beyond frustrating when I was in another state.
After a series of failed attempts at buying a home we FINALLY found one that Kyle and I were both happy with! I could only rely on photos since I was a thousand miles away but I loved it. Now we are happy homeowners! The house is perfect for us too. Mia loooves her new room(that I'm painting one wall at a time. haha.) I'm so excited to decorate and clean my OWN home! It's such a nice feeling.
Mia is still in her terrible twos. We have been seeing a behavioral therapist since her tantrums are so violent and she has trouble with her temper. I'm basically learning how to parent her all over again. It's hard but it's worth it. Mia is also preparing with her speech therapist for the transition into the Head Start program. We stopped doing home visits and now we go visit Miss Temple and practice being in school. Mia is doing really well. She is such a smart kid she is just stubborn like her parents. Her vocabulary is getting bigger by the day and she's starting to form some short sentences too. I'm certain she will catch up by the time she is 4 thanks to the staff at SoonerStart!
We are in the midst of the holiday season and all of the shopping that entails. Mia has been so hard to shop for this year. We are sticking with books and clothes mostly. She has just about every toy on the planet anyway. We don't even have room for all of her stuff in the new house! I think we may be making a toy donation this season. Shh.. don't tell Kyle.
Hopefully I will be able to keep up with the blog now that we are settled in and have the internet again!
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment